A few thoughts on our favorite topics... Remember, we're all about helping you achieve your goals without being overwhelmed in the process.
Competing with large businesses can be tough! But just because you have a smaller budget, doesn’t mean you can’t be effective. It will require research, finesse, and you believing in and understanding your position within the marketplace.
No matter the amount, develop a budget for your approach and utilize these 5 effective techniques to strategically market your business.
1. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GOOGLE AD WORDS AND FACEBOOK ADS. Pay-per-click ads with Google and Facebook provide an underestimated amount of traffic. By creating solid campaigns that run towards targets in your consumer market, you can easily turn a small budget of $5-$10 per day into qualified leads. What’s great is that Facebook and Google allow you to target a specific audience based on demographics or keywords so that your tailored ad campaign reaches actual convertible customers. The keywords and defining your demographic should be specific so that you capture the right market. The small details in your targeting are really important because you will get the attention of those seeking or unconsciously browsing for services or products you offer.
2. GUEST POST ON POPULAR NICHE SITES. Submit articles on topics that target your ideal customer to popular niche sites whenever you can. By providing the content, you get free publicity that links directly back to your website. This provides excellent traffic and potential leads that establishes you as an expert in your field. Again, this is free publicity and helps you get the word out about your brand without employing an expensive public relations firm. Make sure you are always leveraging each article and published mention by including it on your website and in your marketing kit.
Also, you should always post it on your social media accounts and e-blast it to your current clients and colleagues.
3. WILLINGNESS TO DONATE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. Every year try to donate services to huge charitable events around your city. It provides great notoriety and genuine referrals. By investing in local events, other vendors who participate really get to see how great you are and will hire you for their next project or refer you to others.
4. CULTIVATE AND UTILIZE VALUABLE RELATIONSHIPS THAT PROVIDE INFLUENCE. It almost goes without saying, but it’s important to spend time developing relationships with all people, especially those that are your biggest fans. Even though some may not need your service, you want to be the first person that comes to mind when they give recommendations.
5. CLAIM OR INCREASE YOUR RANK IN LOCAL LISTINGS. It’s amazing how many small businesses forget to complete the local listing process on free services like Google Places or Yahoo Local. Make sure you claim your local listing so that you are taking advantage of potential customers in your area searching for businesses like yours. It not only helps with site traffic but can also help you target your email marketing to make sure you have local customers.
The biggest mistake small business owners make is marketing on the fly. By not stopping to assess whether your approach makes sense to your overall business goals and how it fits into the grand scheme of things, you can easily waste money and time and not receive the results you desire. Remember – if you are going to use any of the above, having solid marketing strategies behind each will help you stay ahead of the competitive curve. Attracting new customers isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to break your budget. When customers aren’t checking for your offerings, you have to increase your marketing efforts even when your budget may not fully allow you to.
-give your brand the good life-